Young people everywhere who are educated, inspired and empowered to be ethical and engaged citizens.
Providing the vision, leadership and resources for schools, families and communities to develop ethical citizens committed to building a just and caring world.
What We Do
Character.org is a national advocate and leader for character development. We focus on defining and encouraging effective practices and provide a forum for the exchange of ideas. We offer:
- A framework and tool for evaluating effective school practices: 11 Principles of Effective Character Education
- Professional development for school teachers and administrators focusing on school-wide systemic change
- An annual conference: National Forum on Character Education
- Schools of Character program- A school improvement process for schools and districts.
- Resources, including our annual publication, Schools of Character magazine, our library of Promising Practices, and lesson plans tied to each principle.
Character.org is key to connecting people interested in character education, especially educators from states/communities without a lot of support for character education.