Character.org expects all National Schools of Character to be open to inquiries and visits from other educators. Character.org will also post information about each National School of Character on its website and write about them in the annual Schools of Character magazine. Beyond this, National Schools of Character are expected to select from a menu of outreach options in a way that best suits their available resources.
- Contribute to your school’s profile on the Character.org website and in the Schools of Character magazine
- Create a short video of your program to be posted on the Character.org website
- Post lesson plans and other best practices on Character.org website
- Present at the National Forum
- Conduct outreach sessions, workshops, conferences, or in-service in your home state or district
- Develop a mentoring relationship with another school or district
- Contribute to the Character.org online community: blog, Facebook, Twitter, electronic newsletter, and/or webinars
Each of the 2011 National Schools of Character reached an average of 273 educators representing an average of 123 schools during their 2011-2012 award year. The 2011 winning district reached over 77,000 educators. Combined, the 2011 National Schools of Character are estimated to have reached close to 90,000 educators! These Schools presented at state conferences, mentored other schools, hosted visits from around the nation and the world and submitted articles for publication.
Read more about previous Outreach efforts.