Since my first blog post generated a response from a high school teacher wondering about what the Forum will offer for educators at the secondary level, I thought I’d feature one of our PreForum workshops today: Optimizing the High School Experience.
Just take a look at the takeaways:
Participants will learn how to help secondary students…
- Develop skills in perspective taking and empathy that lead to respectful and compassionate behavior.
- Appreciate diversity and work collaboratively with their peers.
- Build safe and respectful environments in their classrooms and school.
- Develop positive relationships with their teachers.
- Address underlying thoughts and emotions that interfere with learning.
- Become self-motivated and engaged learners.
- Identify their strengths, set goals, and prepare for their future. Continue reading