Director of Development
Posted August 1, 2022
Reports To: President/CEO
Our mission is to serve as the national and global advocate and voice for character. We are widely-known for our 11 Principles Framework and our National Schools of Character program. More recently, Character.org expanded its mission to provide character-focused resources to parents and families, sports and after-school organizations, policymakers, and workplace leaders.
Character.org is seeking a Director of Development to help take our organization to the next level. This position oversees and manages our fundraising campaigns, including developing strategies to cultivate new donors (individuals, corporations, and foundations); strengthening how we track, communicate, and manage relationships with current donors; and collaborating with board members to identify new donors. The Director will also work directly with the President to identify corporate sponsors for both current and new initiatives.
- Develop and execute our annual fundraising strategy
- Identify, cultivate, and secure major gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Strengthen relationships with current donors, Board Members, and key stakeholders
- Manage our donor database (Bloomerang)
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Oversee the planning and execution of special events related to donor development
- Develop print and digital marketing collateral in collaboration with other staff
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years experience in fund development
- Willingness to work remotely
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Relationship builder
- Self-starter, able to work independently, entrepreneurial, enjoys creating and
implementing new initiatives
- Ability to translate internal ideas, metrics and strategies into easy-to-understand and
compelling language for donors and other stakeholders
- Commitment to the mission of Character.org
This position is salaried, commensurate with experience. Competitive Benefits.
Notice of non-discrimination:
Character.org is committed to equal opportunity for all persons without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation. It is the policy of Character.org to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity. We center equity in all our work and in our hiring practices.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Your cover letter should give us a sense of who you are and why you think Character.org is a good fit for you. The cover letter should also include your salary requirements.
For questions, please email the Character.org staff at [email protected]. No calls, please.